COLLEGE PROTESTS & KENT STATE MASSACRE.
The student protests against both the Vietnam War and the draft are an important part of learning about the impact of the Vietnam War. For this assignment, you are a student on a college campus. You are to write an editorial about the protest which happened on your campus.
As part of the protest at your college, the protesters will burn the ROTC building. Also, the protest at your college happened after the Kent State Massacre. You must include references to Kent State in your editorial.
1. Make sure you understand the nature of editorial. It is NOT a news story.
2. This editorial is not just about Kent State. It is simply the most famous and had horrible consequences.
1. You will describe the types of protests which took place at American colleges.
2. You will be able to explain what happened at Kent State.
3. You will know what the ROTC stands for.
4. You will demonstrate an understanding of what the protesters were trying to accomplish.
1. Joe Country and Fish FEEL LIKE I'M FIXING TO DIE. This song does contain some four letter words so do not listen if you might be offended.
2. Read this article from CNN about the KENT STATE MASSACRE.
3. Read this editorial from a person whoPROTESTED the Vietnam War.
4. This WIKIPEDIA article contains a timeline to protests against the Vietnam War.
5. This video from Youtube show protests at SAN FERNANDO VALLEY STATE COLLEGE.